RELEASE OF IRWMP PUBLIC REVIEW DRAFT
A public review draft of the CABY Integrated Regional Water Management Plan (IRWMP) is currently being posted. After the public review period, the Regional Water Management Group responsible for preparing the Plan will review comments and submit a copy to the Department of Water Resources for its review. Adoption of the document is anticipated during summer 2013 at a publicly noticed meeting. Note that all chapters have the DWR Guidelines included at the end of the chapter for reference and review. Chapters can be reviewed here.
Two Ways to Review:
1. An in-depth review using ‘track-changes’ and submit edited documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Review chapters as time allows, and identify over-arching, large-scale issues you feel should be addressed by the Planning Committee on June 1, 2013. These issues can be brought to attention by emailing an alert to email@example.com
Below is DWR's process for reviewing IRWMPs before RWMGs finalize and adopt. Accordingly, the process for this document review is as follows:
1. PC and interested party review (current)
2. PC discussion and finalization (April 3, 2013)
3. Project team edits and revisions per PC direction, as well as final formatting (April 3-19, 2013)
4. Project team sends the revised CABY IRWMP to DWR for review (end of April)
5. DWR reviews CABY IRWMP with respect to 11/2012 Guidelines (May and June)
6. Project team coordinates with DWR to address any questions they have (May and June)
7. When DWR review is complete, the project team will set up a PC meeting to adopt the revised CABY IRWMP (possibly June)
Thank you for your interest.
Welcome to CABY
WHAT IS CABY?
THE REGION The CABY region comprises four watersheds--the Cosumnes, American, Bear, and Yuba--which combine to form a major drainage area of the western slope of the Sierra Nevada range, from the mountain crest to the Central Valley. The collective streams, rivers, lakes, and reservoirs of these watersheds flow into the Sacramento River and are a major source of fresh water for the state of California.
Next Planning Committee Meetings
Coordinating Committee Meeting
SNC Leslie Conference Room: 11521 Blocker Dr. Suite. 205 Auburn, CA,
May 03, 2013
April 3, 2013 Coordinating Committee and CABY RWMG joint Meeting
At Placer County Water Agency
American River Conference Room (downstairs)
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
April 3, 2013 CABY RWMG Non-profit Board Meeting
At Placer County Water Agency
Tahoe Conference Room (upstairs)
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
May 1, 2013 Planning Committee Meeting CANCELLED
April 4 Planning Committee Meeting Notes Available Soon
Check back soon to download
February 1 Planning Committee Meeting Notes Now Available
CABY Awarded Funding for IRWMP Update
CABY was awarded a Prop 84 Planning Grant, which will fund the update of the IRWMP. Click here to see the application. This update process is underway. Attend the next Planning Committee meeting to find out more and get involved!
CABY Awarded Prop 84 Implementation Funding
CABY also received a Prop 84 Implementation Grant from the Department of Water Resources. This grant will fund numerous projects in the CABY region, and implementation is in early stages. Details about the implementation and the project outcomes will be posted here, so check back for more information.
What is CABY Doing in 2012?
In 2012, CABY will focus on updating the IRWMP to be consistent with the new guidelines released by DWR, as well as implementing the projects that were funded through the Prop 84 Implementation Grant. Information regarding these projects can be found here. Details about these efforts will be posted regularly on this website, so check back for updates or attend a Planning Committee meeting to find out more.